Maintenance method of silk products
"Is it real silk? It looks like pickles after washing."
"How did you wash it"
"Put the laundry bag in the washing machine"
Ever since I had clothes with real silk products, I have received various maintenance questions about silk clothes.
Sorry for the late arrival of this popular science. Hehe
Real silk is indeed comfortable and noble, so care must be taken in maintenance.
Now let me talk about it in detail for everyone. . .
Washing: Silk clothing is made of protein-based delicate health care fiber. It is not suitable to rub and wash with washing machine. The clothes should be immersed in cold water for 5-10 minutes. Use special silk detergent to synthesize low-foaming washing powder or neutral soap. Rub it gently (shampoo is also OK), and rinse it repeatedly in clean water.
Drying: Generally, it should be dried in a cool and ventilated place. It is not suitable to be exposed to the sun, nor to use a dryer to heat it, because the ultraviolet rays in the sun can easily yellow, fade and age silk fabrics.
Ironing: The anti-wrinkle performance of silk clothing is slightly worse than that of chemical fiber materials. Therefore, when ironing, dry the clothes until 70% dry and spray evenly with clear water. Wait for 3-5 minutes before ironing. The ironing temperature should be controlled below 150°C. . The iron should not directly touch the silk surface. Put a layer of lint-free fabric on the clothes before ironing to avoid aurora.
Preservation: For thin underwear, shirts, trousers, skirts, pajamas, etc., they must be washed and ironed before storing. Iron until it is ironed to prevent mildew and moth.
Points to note when cleaning silk products:
1. When washing silk clothes, the clothes must be turned over. Dark silk clothes should be washed separately from light-colored clothes.
2. Sweaty silk garments should be washed immediately or soaked in clean water, and should not be washed with hot water above 30 degrees.
3. For washing, please use special silk detergents. Avoid using alkaline detergent, soap, washing powder or other detergents. Never use disinfectant, let alone soak in the washing product;
4. Ironing should be done when it is 80% dry, and it is not advisable to spray water directly, and iron the reverse side of the garment, and control the temperature between 100-140 degrees.
5. After washing, spread it out and place it in a cool place to dry, not in the sun;
6. Pour an appropriate amount of shampoo in the clean water (the amount used is equivalent to silk detergent), put it in the silk clothes and rub it lightly, and then clean it up, because the hair also contains a lot of protein and silk fabrics too.